Travel Dice Set

I usually carry dice on me. Not because I want to be ready to play at all times, but because I like dice and it's nice to have some on hand. For my everyday carry I pick three polyhedral 7-sets and swap them out depending on what color or style appeals to me at the moment. If I'm going to a game I'll bring a bigger bag of ten or twelve sets, because why not? I won't use them all, but it's fun.

If I'm going on a trip though, I'll take the travel set.

The travel set is put together with utility in mind. It's a bag of dice I can throw in my backpack and not worry about that'll let me play pretty much any game I might run into.

It's a polyhedral 7-set, a 10d10 set, and three d6s all in Chessex Opaque Pink w/White. (I considered adding a second d20, but it's not really necessary.)

I picked that color, style, and combination of dice for a few practical reasons:
  • Opaque dice are inexpensive and easy to replace, so if they get lost it's not a big deal it's just disappointing.
  • The pink that Chessex uses is extremely bright, so it's easy to find any dice that fall on the floor.
  • One unified, eye-searing color means it's easy to tell which ones are mine on the table.
  • It's the minimum number of dice you need to conveniently play most d6, d10, d100, d20-based games so I can pack lighter.
It works great. The only way it'd be better is if I could get the same combo in 12mm mini dice to make it even more compact.


No comments:

Post a Comment