d23's done!


I finally finished my d23 on the 20th, then took a break to let it rest and consider what I want to do with it (and also just to take a break). Like I said in my post from july, I'm not sure how seriously I want to publish this. I wrote it for me, but I do want to show it off. I worked hard on it for over a year and it's good.

Right now my plan is to release a plaintext ashcan with pictures of the hand drawn maps. Nothing fancy, just a serviceable document. Maybe with some notes to explain any quirks or missing info (artifacts of having written it for my use, there are things I didn't write down because they're so ingrained in my GMing that I didn't need to).

I'm also thinking about writing some posts on the process of making it. Why I started, how I got my ideas, how they developed over time, how I decided what to keep, actually doing the work, all that. I was planning on doing posts about how I write, game, and GM too (because self-reflection is important), so there'll be a lot of looking at how the sausage gets made next year.



No comments:

Post a Comment